- All students 10 years and under must be accompanied by an adult or guardian to and from the dancestudio, Fowler Center, or OteyParish. Students attending programs at Otey immediately after SES or SCC can be escorted by Ashley or another teacher, after appropriate written permissions are confirmed.
- Fowler Center: Students must enter through the front entrance and proceed directly to the dance studio. Students must wait patiently and quietly in the hallway near the dance studio. Do not go sightseeing. Parents may wait in the area by the snack machines but may not exercise unless a member of the Fowler Center. The bathroom is located near the front doors of the Fowler Center however, please try to use the restroom at home or school before coming to dance class.
- Safety: We ask that children do not leave any of the buildings until they can see their parents or designated driver.
- No street shoes should be worn in the Fowler and TWC dance studios and for the protection of your dance shoes and the studio floor, please do not wear your dance shoes outside the dance studios.
- No food, drink, or chewing gum is allowed in the studios.
- If you fail to abide by above Conservatory policies, you will not be allowed to participate in dance.
- In the event of bad weather, the Conservatory will close when the University of the South closes, which is not very often. We will communicate via email when classes are cancelled.
- 3-6 year olds: Solid color leotard and pink ballet shoes. No tights are needed as they sometimes itch.
- 7 year olds and above Ballet (required): Girls: leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes.
- Tap, Jazz: Tights or dance pants or sweat pants and leotard and tap shoes or jazz shoes.
- Hip Hop: Anything you can move in. Bare feet.
- For ALL classes: Hair must be neatly secured off the face and neck (bun preferred for ballet) and no conspicuous jewelry should be worn to class. Please be dressed and hair pulled back BEFORE class begins.
- Tuition may to be paid by the semester on the first day of classes. If families need a payment plan, please make such a request and we can make schedule monthly payments.
- There is a $35 fee for any checks returned or resubmitted for insufficient funds.
- Checks should be made payable to Sewanee Dance Conservatory.
Checks can be mailed to
c/o Ashley Jenkins
240 Maple Street Sewanee Tn 37375
Spring Tuition: $175 for 14 week session
Individual students or families can receive an additional 10% discount on tuition when enrolling in 3 or more course.
If questions, please email: email@example.com.